Vyyk Drago

Default Send E-Mail freezes Word document

Hi,

I am running Windows XP Pro with Office 2003. Sometimes, I send e-mail as
attachments directly from Word using File - Send to - Mail Recipient (As
Attachment).

Although the send never fails, the document often freezes on my screen after
I clicked Send and (the e-mail toolbar in Word becomes disabled) I have to
close the document down manually. Other times (about 50% of the time) it
works perfectly and closes as soon as it is sent.

Can anyone tell me why it does this? As far as I know I have all the latest
patches and service packs. My e-mail client is Outlook 2003. I have already
tried re-installing everything, but it still behaves this way.

Any help/suggestions will be GREATLY appreciated
Many thanks and kind regards
Vyyk
Vyyk Drago

What I find a bit confusing is that it has been working fine for the past 3
months. I have not installed anything new for more than a year now - I only
use my PC for email and word processing with the occasional bit of Excel
work. This behaviour just seemed to start from nowhere? All my anti-virus
definitions are also up to date.

Is anyone aware of whether this is a known bug?

Cheers
Vyyk

Ps. At the moment I am following Word Heretic's advice, but it is fairly
time consuming and would be much more convenient if I could just send from
Word.

"Word Heretic" wrote:

G'day "Vyyk Drago" Vyyk ,

Outlook and Word behave badly together. I save the file, create an
email, then attach the file.

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic

Without prejudice

"Vyyk Drago" Vyyk