Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Khoshravan Khoshravan is offline

Default what is the difference between F4 & Ctrl+Z

what is the difference between F4 & Ctrl+Z as both perform undo?
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Kobe University, Kobe, Japan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I think you are confusing Ctrl+Z and Ctrl+Y. F4 and Ctrl+Y are both assigned
to EditRedoOrRepeat; Redo is available only if something has just been
undone; otherwise the keys repeat the previous action.

"Khoshravan" wrote in message
news
what is the difference between F4 & Ctrl+Z as both perform undo?
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Kobe University, Kobe, Japan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Khoshravan Khoshravan is offline

you are right. thanks for your note. So basically I can assume that if I have
performed a command and I want to repeat it again (like bolding some words),
I can use both ctrl+Y or F4. Is it right.
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Kobe University, Kobe, Japan

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I think you are confusing Ctrl+Z and Ctrl+Y. F4 and Ctrl+Y are both assigned
to EditRedoOrRepeat; Redo is available only if something has just been
undone; otherwise the keys repeat the previous action.

"Khoshravan" wrote in message
news
what is the difference between F4 & Ctrl+Z as both perform undo?
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Kobe University, Kobe, Japan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I believe that's correct. I only ever use F4, but a limited experiment seems
to suggest that Ctrl+Y will do the same thing.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I think you are confusing Ctrl+Z and Ctrl+Y. F4 and Ctrl+Y are both

assigned
to EditRedoOrRepeat; Redo is available only if something has just been
undone; otherwise the keys repeat the previous action.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Khoshravan" wrote in message
news
what is the difference between F4 & Ctrl+Z as both perform undo?
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Kobe University, Kobe, Japan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I only use Ctrl + Y. :-) My fingers can find those keys faster than the F4
key.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
I believe that's correct. I only ever use F4, but a limited experiment
seems
to suggest that Ctrl+Y will do the same thing.

so
all may benefit.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I think you are confusing Ctrl+Z and Ctrl+Y. F4 and Ctrl+Y are both

assigned
to EditRedoOrRepeat; Redo is available only if something has just been
undone; otherwise the keys repeat the previous action.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Khoshravan" wrote in message
news what is the difference between F4 & Ctrl+Z as both perform undo?
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Kobe University, Kobe, Japan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Khoshravan Khoshravan is offline

press: ctrl+Alt+"+", cursur will change to another shape. Then press F4 or
Ctrl Y. They are both shortcut for same command of : EditRedoRepeat
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Kobe University, Kobe, Japan