Jewels

Default How to open a password protected word file

I password protected my word file while I was still using microsoft office
2000 and then I decided to upgrade to office 2003 and now I can't open it.
It keeps saying the password is incorrect. Please someone help.
Dian D. Chapman, MVP

Make sure you are typing the password in the proper case, i.e., in
caps/lowercase as needed. If that doesn't help, there is no way to
open the file through any means provided in Office.

Granted, there are hacker programs available on the web that you can
purchase to break into file. But then that would mean you'll have to
give your credit card number to someone who makes a living as breaking
security!

Good luck...

Dian D. Chapman, Technical Consultant
Microsoft MVP, MOS Certified