Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
d d[_2_] d d[_2_] is offline

Default How to control file size? My files get larger with every edit

There's bound to be an option to not keep versions or changes in the doc
file, but I just can't seem to find it. I have a file that I edit once a
week and save, and it gets bigger by 2-3KB every time. It's now over
700KB and it's only a one-page document with no graphics.

If I save it as HTML, then load the HTML and save back as a .doc, it's
down to 40KB. The only difference is that I lost a bit of formatting and
need to tabulate things a little bit. I notice that when I save as HTML
it warns me I'll lose Versions.

How can I turn off Versions being stored in the files? Also, are there
any other options I can set that keep my file size down? I have to email
this file every week and my uplink bandwidth isn't great, so I'd rather
keep the file sizes low.

Config: Office 2003 on XP service pack 2 (with all updates always done).