Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bubey[_2_] Bubey[_2_] is offline

Default Word 2000_Problem w/¶

All of a sudden this ¶ shows up on the doc page when I click on new, and
it happens on old doc's and add's more graphics. How can I get back to the
old blank doc?
Thanks in advance for the help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 22:07:01 -0500, "Bubey" wrote:

All of a sudden this ¶ shows up on the doc page when I click on new, and
it happens on old doc's and add's more graphics. How can I get back to the
old blank doc?
Thanks in advance for the help!

Look up on the toolbar (or the Home ribbon if you have Word 2007). Notice the
button with that ¶ symbol on it. Click that button. Click it two or three times
to see how it works.

Read http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...PrintChars.htm to find out what
the symbols are for.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bubey[_2_] Bubey[_2_] is offline

Thank you so much Jay. I found the mark on the tool bar, removed it and
save the blank as
Normal.dot so it won't happen again. I must have accidentally clicked on it
without knowing.

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 22:07:01 -0500, "Bubey" wrote:

All of a sudden this ¶ shows up on the doc page when I click on new, and
it happens on old doc's and add's more graphics. How can I get back to the
old blank doc?
Thanks in advance for the help!

Look up on the toolbar (or the Home ribbon if you have Word 2007). Notice
the
button with that ¶ symbol on it. Click that button. Click it two or three
times
to see how it works.

Read http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...PrintChars.htm to find out
what
the symbols are for.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Please tell me you didn't save a document as Normal.dot. That will cause far
more problems than you had to begin with. All you have to do is toggle the
display; your display settings are saved when you quit Word.

"Bubey" wrote in message
[...]

so

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bubey[_2_] Bubey[_2_] is offline

Already done. I saved it as a blank sheet. But I'm not having any more
problem with Word.
Thank for your you tip though.