Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Sesquipedalian Sam Sesquipedalian Sam is offline

Default Word 2007 to HTML

I want to post an ad on Craigslist, which accepts a limited set of
html tags. The exact list that is supported can be found he

http://www.craigslist.org/about/help...stings/details

Is there a way that I can create the ad in Word 2007 and then have
Word generate the html tags that I can cut and paste into the ad form?

I tried saving the document in one of the html formats (File | Save
as... | Other formats | ...). It did something, but I don't see the
tags.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You can open the HTML file created in Word with a text editor such as
NotePad, and then copy and paste the desired HTML markup. But note that Word
is not the best tool for creating HTML; it generates a lot of "non-standard"
markup.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Sesquipedalian Sam" wrote in message
I want to post an ad on Craigslist, which accepts a limited set of
html tags. The exact list that is supported can be found he

http://www.craigslist.org/about/help...stings/details

Is there a way that I can create the ad in Word 2007 and then have
Word generate the html tags that I can cut and paste into the ad form?

I tried saving the document in one of the html formats (File | Save
as... | Other formats | ...). It did something, but I don't see the
tags.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Sesquipedalian Sam Sesquipedalian Sam is offline

On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 14:20:29 +0100, "Stefan Blom"
wrote:

You can open the HTML file created in Word with a text editor such as
NotePad, and then copy and paste the desired HTML markup.

I thought I tried that. Which HTML format should I choose:

Single File Web Page (*.mht, *.mhtml)
Web Page (*.htm, *.html)
Web Page, Filtered (*.htm, *.html)

One of them created a whole new folder (directory) with 3 files in it.

But note that Word
is not the best tool for creating HTML; it generates a lot of "non-standard"
markup.

That's what I've heard.

Is there a simple tool to create simple HTML? My idea of a perfect
HTML editor would have 2 modes, something like WordPerfect's reveal
codes.

In WYSIWYG mode, the screen would show what it would look like on the
web page (formatted). There would be a few buttons for bold, italic,
lists, colors, etc.

In HTML mode, it would show the markup.

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Well, you can try the "filtered" option; it should clear all Office-specific
HTML tags, which might be what you want.

Sorry, I don't know any good and simple HTML editor. Maybe someone else
does, or you could google for one.