Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Melynda E. Melynda E. is offline

Default Word and Access 2007 Mail Merge Problem

I am creating a mail merge in Word using data pulled from an Access query.
Once I select this query as my recipient list, I receive an error message
"unable to open data source." I've checked other posts to solve the problems
(checked the version of each file and have confirmed the file format
conversion on open). I had it working, but realized a field needed to be
added to my query. The query was then updated, the merge would not work and
the error message was received again. I went back to the query and removed
the newly added field and tried it again....same error message. I do have a
few fields where the user can select multiple data items, do you think this
could be causing all of this?