Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
TEB1824 TEB1824 is offline

Default How do I convert a date/time field in a merge field?

I created a report in Crystal Reports. I exported the report into excel with
all the appropriate fields. I created the mail merge file in Microsoft word.
I basically edited all the text fields to my satisfaction. However I have a
date/time field that refuses to be converted to the desired format, dddd,
MMMM dd, yyyy, which is Tuesday, March 18, 2008. It is seems to be stuck on
the M/d/yyyy h:mm am/pm format which is 3/18/2008 12:00 AM. It doesn't
change no matter how I change the format in either excel or Crystal Reports.
How can this be corrected?