Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kendall Kendall is offline

Default Outlook line spacing problem using word - solution (kinda)

Hi All,

I have noticed a few posts about line spacing problems when creating
new email msgs in outlook and I had the same problem. I tried to reply
to a few people, but the posts where more than 60 days old, so I
thought I'd post my solution.

A user changed her email signature, and then everytime she created a
new email there was line spacing. I looked for a long time to figure
out what was wrong.

She had also changed her Stationary, realised she did not like it, and
then thought she'd changed it back - but she'd actually changed it to
Blank not to None (i.e. Blank is a type of stationary, it's not
completely blank). As soon as I changed it back to None the line
spacing disappeared.

In outlook you'll find it in "Tools - Options - Mail Format tab -
Stationary and Fonts - Use this Stationary by default "

Hope this helps anyone else.

Kendall.