Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Julie Julie is offline

Default Footnote renumbering

I have a document with multiple chapters and I need to restart the numbering
of footnotes with each chapter. Also in each chapter I have created many,
many different "sections" (in order to customize headers to label the second
and subsequent pages of tables with a new caption). Therefore, the restart
numbering with each section option in footnotes doesn't work. I have too many
"1s." Is there any way to customize the numbering? I have about 25 instances
in which the numbering is incorrect.

Any suggestions about how to do this?

Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

In theory, since Word 2003 (or perhaps since Word 2002), you can set
different footnote options for each section, but note that this feature
doesn't work correctly. :-(

I'd have to suggest keeping continuous numbering through-out the document or
restart numbering on each page.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP