Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RichyRoo RichyRoo is offline

Default Password Problem!

I created an important document with Word 2007 and added a 'Strong "Open"
Password' to it on my laptop.

I then edited the file several times with no problem. I then uploaded it to
Windows Live SkyDrive and subsequently downloaded it onto my PC and tried to
open it. I tried and tried but I constatly got a message saying the password
is wrong.

I left it for a few weeks, forgetting about my issue and formatted my
laptop. I've just restarted trying to get back into the file with no luck so
downloaded it onto my laptop and got the same problem.

I have now seen that in the properties of the file in the General Tab,
underneath the attributes section there is something I'd never seen before.
It reads:

"This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect
this computer" There is an Unblock button next to this text but even if I
click it it does not help me.

Could someone help me find out what's wrong. I DO know the password, I
haven't forgotten it!