Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
brent brent is offline

Default How do you automatically unlink field codes in a locked document

I have a template which is locked so it doesn't get changed around and I want
the fields to unlink when the document is saved for the first time, thus
turning it into a normal document. A lot of the people here are not very
computer literate so I'm trying to make it as simple as possible. I know
about the Ctrl+Shift+F9 but that requires having the document unlocked and
people actually remembering to do it.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Since you don't want users to make any changes, why not keep the document
protected? If additional changes are required after users have filled out
the form, you could let someone who is more computer literate take care of
that.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP