Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rugby one Rugby one is offline

Default To type I need to depress keys for twice as long as usual. Why?

Having inadvertently depressed a "shift" key for longer than 6 seconds, I
have created a problem with typing. To type I need to depress the keys for
about twice as long as usual, with an associated sound as well. I can
temporarily correct this by depressing the shift key again for longer than 6
seconds but I need to make the correction more permanent. How do I do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

This is a Windows thing, not specifically Word.

Go to Start menu Control Panel Accessibility Options (or in Vista
or Windows 7, Ease of Access Center). Turn off Filter Keys. To prevent
it from starting again, go to its settings and disable its shortcut.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman