Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Justine Justine is offline

Default alphabetizing a list of paras

I have a long list of paragraphs (entries in the index of a book) that I have
to alphabetize. The first word of each paragraph (entry) is where the
alphabetizing should start. It should then proceed to process the next para.
As I remember from doing this quite a while ago, the lines within each
para must be separated by a line break (SHIFT+ENTER).
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

No line breaks are required; note, however, that in Word a *paragraph* ends
with a paragraph mark (which you insert by pressing Enter). You can use
Ctrl+Shift+8 to show/hide paragraph marks (¶) as well as other nonprinting
marks in Word.

To perform the actual sort: Select the paragraphs that you want to sort. On
the Home tab, click the Sort button in the Paragraph group.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP