Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KarenW KarenW is offline

Default How do I only open one copy of Word at a time

I recently had to format my hard drive and reinstall all my software, I have
Office Standard 2007. Before I had Word set that each document I opened
would show up as a minimizable window in Word and I only saw one Microsoft
Word on my task bar. Now, each new document that is opened or created opens
a new Microsoft Word button on my task bar. I know there's a way to change
this, but I can't remember where that setting is. Help!!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Click the Office button and then click Word Options. In the Advanced
category, clear the "Show all windows in the Taskbar" option (found under
"Display"). Click OK.

Note that although there is a separate window for each Word document, only
one instance of the Word executable file (winword.exe) is running.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP