Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tsdial tsdial is offline

Default Turning on Date autocomplete in Word 2007

how do I turn on autocomplete for the current date in Word 2007?

Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The setting is stored in the Windows registry, so you will need to log
in to Windows as a user who has permission to modify the registry.

In Word 2007:
1. Press Alt+F11 to open the Microsoft Visual Basic Editor.
2. Either click on View | Immediate, or press Ctrl+G, to open the
Immediate window.
3. In the Immediate window, type:
Application.DisplayAutoCompleteTips = True
and press Enter.
4. Either click on File | Close and Return to Microsoft Word, or press
Ctrl+Q, to exit the Microsoft Visual Basic Editor.

You only need to do this once. Word should remember this setting
forever or until you change it.

tsdial wrote:

how do I turn on autocomplete for the current date in Word 2007?

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dan K Dan K is offline

I did the +++Application.DisplayAutoCompleteTips = True +++ and nothing has
changed. When i go to type December there is no auto complete nor does the
day or year follow. Could it have anything to do with Windows 7? THis feature
works fine on my old XP Pro based PC...

Please help...

"tsdial" wrote:

how do I turn on autocomplete for the current date in Word 2007?

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DAnne DAnne is offline

It doen´t work for me either.
It works in Outlook and in some documents which I not yet have converted to
Word 2007. I am set as an administrator in my account, that is sufficient I
hope.
I do have a Swedish version of Office but the Visual Basic is in English.

Annoying to not get it to work!
So help is appreciated.

Danne