Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Powerpoint 90degree lines Powerpoint 90degree lines is offline

Default I want to change the spacing after a bullet in a list

I have a bulleted list. the text after the bullets takes several lines; after
each point is made I want to increase the spacing before the next bullet.
This was easy in Word 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Well, you need Space After in any version. In Word 2003 and earlier, you use
the Format Paragraph dialog; I believe it is still possible to access that
dialog in Word 2007.

"Powerpoint 90degree lines"
wrote in message
I have a bulleted list. the text after the bullets takes several lines;

after
each point is made I want to increase the spacing before the next bullet.
This was easy in Word 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Powerpoint 90degree lines Powerpoint 90degree lines is offline

Thanks Suzanne, yes the apce after is there and I've tried it so i think
there is a bug in Word 2007

wrote in message
I have a bulleted list. the text after the bullets takes several lines;

after
each point is made I want to increase the spacing before the next bullet.
This was easy in Word 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

There are a couple of settings that can affect this. If you have applied
some Space After and aren't seeing it, it could be that the style is
formatted as "Don't add space between paragraphs of the same style." Also,
if you have both Space Before and Space After, only the greater of these
will be honored unless you check the box for "Don't use HMTL paragraph auto
spacing" in the Compatibility Options.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Well, you need Space After in any version. In Word 2003 and earlier, you

use
the Format Paragraph dialog; I believe it is still possible to access

that
dialog in Word 2007.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Powerpoint 90degree lines"
wrote in message
I have a bulleted list. the text after the bullets takes several

lines;
after
each point is made I want to increase the spacing before the next

bullet.
This was easy in Word 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Steve Steve is offline

I'm trying to accomplish the same thing, adding space after each bulleted
item. When you use the space before/space after option, it will change the
spacing before the bulleted block, but not the space between each bulleted
item. Is there a way to increase the leading between each bulleted item?

Thanks!

wrote in message
I have a bulleted list. the text after the bullets takes several lines;

after
each point is made I want to increase the spacing before the next bullet.
This was easy in Word 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Steve Steve is offline

Suzanne, you're a genius. I've spent the past forty-five minutes trying to
add space between my bullets and you solved it with one little check box.

Thank you very much!