Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Louie M. Louie M. is offline

Default Help: doc formatting opens as right justify & write right to left

Help, everytime I open Microsoft Word, the damn files always open with the
following annoying formatting: The justify is always set at right rather than
the typical left justify. Next, the typing of information is also set for
"Right to left", we type from Left-Right.... Where do change this back so it
remains "normal" rather than changing the setting everytime I open my Word
program. I have tried going to FILE - PAGE SETUP, but that doesn't hold the
changes for future documents. A search through the Help system doesn't show
how to change formatting defaults. Help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Hi Louie

Louie M. wrote:
Help, everytime I open Microsoft Word, the damn files always open with the

are you talking about existing files that open with "ight-to-left", or
of the supposedly blank document (Normal.dot)? If the latter, locate the
user's Normal.dot, open it, change, maybe write a word, save, close,
re-open, delete the Word, save again.

HTH
Robert
--