ViceIdea

Default No tooltips on tracked changes

In Word 2003 (on XP SP2) I can see tracked changes in different colors
if I select 'Final Showing Markup'. But most of the time I don't see
the tool tips which show which user made which changes and when. I do
see the tooltips occasionally, and I can't figure out why they
disappear most of the time.

Is there a way to ensure that tooltips for tracked changes are always
visible for all documents? Thanks.
VI

Genine

Details for comments and track changes are now displayed in the reviewing
pane at the bottom of the screen. You can switch this on and off by using the
last button on the reveiewing toolbar - it looks a bit like a split screen.

Genine

"ViceIdea" wrote:

In Word 2003 (on XP SP2) I can see tracked changes in different colors
if I select 'Final Showing Markup'. But most of the time I don't see
the tool tips which show which user made which changes and when. I do
see the tooltips occasionally, and I can't figure out why they
disappear most of the time.

Is there a way to ensure that tooltips for tracked changes are always
visible for all documents? Thanks.
VI

ViceIdea

Thanks. I can see the information in the reviewing pane. But the odd
thing is that the tooltips occasionally do work and I can see author
and revision time when I mouse over the tracked changes, which is very
convenient. But most of the time I cannot see the tooltips and I've no
idea what the difference is and how to make sure they are always
visible.
VI

ViceIdea

It's Word 2003. I tried the trick anyway, but it didn't fix the problem
:-(
On a different computer (my laptop) I can see the markup screentips on
the same file, so I don't think it's a problem with my file. Maybe
something in my Word settings? Thx, VI.