Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jan Kratochvil Jan Kratochvil is offline

Default Set style for hyperlink

I need to set style for visited hyperlink in Word text.
The visited hyperlink is without underline (after click on the text) and I
need to have it.

Please can you explane me, how to set it?

--
Regards
Jan Kratochvil
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Modify the FollowedHyperlink character style to include the settings you
want: Display the Styles pane (Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S). Click the Manage Styles
button. On the Edit tab, locate the FollowedHyperlink style. Click Modify.
In the Modify Style dialog box, make the desired changes. If you want to
transfer the modifications to the attached template, choose the "New
documents based on this template" option before closing the dialog box (by
clicking OK).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Jan Kratochvil" wrote in message
I need to set style for visited hyperlink in Word text.
The visited hyperlink is without underline (after click on the text) and I
need to have it.

Please can you explane me, how to set it?

--
Regards
Jan Kratochvil
WIN XP Pro SP2, Office 2007

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jan Kratochvil Jan Kratochvil is offline

Thank you Stefan.
This I did make before I posted my question.

The problem is with style of visited link of hyperlinked text.
I do not know the which style for visited link is attached.
Therefore I do not know how to manage it.

If I create a new file with Normal template, than is visited link OK, that
means undeline below the text.
I do not know where is the problem by my created template.

I also tried to copy the hyperlink style into my template but the hyperliked
text has still the same style - it was changed only style before clicking,
after clicking has the text no underline.
--
Regards
Jan Kratochvil

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The style for Visited Hyperlink is called Followed Hyperlink as Stefan
reported? Set Word to display all styles, then locate and edit the style.
This will not update the style in existing documents unless you have the
option set in tools templates and add-ins to do so and when you open a
document containing a hyperlink it will not show the followed hyperlink
style until you have followed it.

You can force an update by running a macro containing the following line

ActiveDocument.UpdateStyles

Jan Kratochvil wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You will of course have to add the modified style to the template in order
for it to be available to other documents based on that template.

Jan Kratochvil wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jan Kratochvil Jan Kratochvil is offline

Default Question about style of Cross-References

Thank you very much.
Sorry i overlooked the text of Stefan.
I have it a bit compicated beacause of using not English version of Word.
This problem is solved.
-----------
So I have even one question about style of Cross-References.
I would like to have those Cross-References (Headings,Bookmarks,...) at the
same style like Hyperlink style. Now looks this text as Normal, that means
the text with Cross-Reference is not distinguishable.
How can I easy do it?

--
Regards
Jan Kratochvil

Jan Kratochvil wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The answer is pretty much the same - each of those elements has an
associated style. Modify the styles to provide the appearance you wish. As
you are not using an English language version of Word, click into one of the
texts to give you the name in your local language. Modify the style(s) and
check Add to template.

Jan Kratochvil wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Experience has proved that it can be difficult to make cross-references look
like hyperlinks. I believe the magic combination was to apply a different
character style (Word suppresses the Hyperlink and Followed Hyperlink styles
for cross-references) and add the MergeFormat or CharFormat (I forget which)
switch to the field so that the style isn't removed when the link is
updated.