Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.word.newusers
John[_2_] John[_2_] is offline

Default Office licensing

Hi

A staff worker at our office has a laptop for work at home. Can she use the
license form her office pc at her home laptop too? I vaguely remember some
similar terms a few years back. Could someone please clarify this?

Thanks

Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.word.newusers

Hi John,

It depends on the type of license you have purchased for the company. If the product has an OEM license (came with the PC) it's
licensed to a specific machine, if it's a retail product license, the license agreement generally allows the primary user to use it
on one PC and one portable computer. If it's a MS Volume license it's a one license per seat issue so you'd ordinarily be using an
additional license for the other machine if you provide it, but in that case you may be interested in the Home Use License part of
the Volume licensing program.

http://microsoft.com/licensing/sa/be...se_rights.mspx

https://hup.microsoft.com/

===============

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

One clarification: presuming you have full licenses and not OEMs that came
with the computers, you may install it on the laptop and use it at home
PROVIDING no one else uses the computer at work. You cannot have two users
using the license simultaneously - if you see what I mean.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP