Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
M R M R is offline

Default word 2007 portrait page # on landscape page

I have found instructions on how to add portrait style page numbers to a
Landscape style page for WORD 2003.
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...apeSection.htm

How would this be done using office 2007?

I have found a way to switch between portrait and landscape pages. I do
not know how to stop headers on the landscape page. (The page number is on
the top of the landscape page.

I want the page numbers to be placed on the landscape pages as if they were
portrait pages.

(On the portrait top and to the right

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] mjrjunk@hotmail.com is offline

If you add page numbers to your document header before you add
the landscape pages you will get page numbers on you landscape pages
in the wrong place.

After unlinking the landscape page the 2003 instructions say double
click on the bad landscape page number,
making sure you get it all and then delete. I tried this on 2007 and
it did not work. I was able to
delete one page number but not all page numbers on the 90 pages that
followed. Fortunately I had saved my doc
and was trying this on a sample 4 page doc.

I found an option under insert page number for removing page numbers.
I tried this next. This did not work for
all pages after I had deleted one using the old 2003 instructions.

In a separate document I deleted the page number using the insert page
number/remove page option and it
worked for all landscape pages.

As for getting text to show up with the correct orientation
double click on text box
select text box tools
In text ribbon change text direction.