Amby Amby is offline
Junior Member

Location: Michigan
Question Urgent Style & Ruler Questions for Word 2007

I apologize for not having the time to search to learn the answers to these probably very common questions, but I'm in a desperate hurry to finish this document.

How to guarantee you'll only MOVE existing tabs rather than add new ones? (When I try to do this easily with the mouse, Word usually adds tabs rather than moves existing ones. Although I know that you can bring down the tab dialog box to exactly specify where the tabs are, I'd like to be able to do this quickly with the mouse instead, so I'm wondering if there's an additional key one could press to stop Word from adding tabs and only allows moving them).

How to get document editing page to look EXACTLY like it will in print preview? (It boggles my mind that the document looks perfect in edit mode but looks like a mess in print preview mode and on the actual printed page!)

How to force ALL ruler/paragraph elements into a style, so that applying or modifying a style will also force the style-applied text to EXACTLY match all ruler and paragraph elements? (This irritates me no end! I set up a paragraph to look just how I want it and save it as a quick style. But when I try to apply it to other text, Word stupidly and stubbornly retains ALL the old page size and paragraph settings! AARGH!)

This next question is not urgent, but I figure I'd ask it here anyway:

How to delete all unused user-created styles?

Thanks for your speedy replies, my friends!

- Marty
Amby Amby is offline
Junior Member

Location: Michigan
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amby View Post
How to force ALL ruler/paragraph elements into a style, so that applying or modifying a style will also force the style-applied text to EXACTLY match all ruler and paragraph elements? (This irritates me no end! I set up a paragraph to look just how I want it and save it as a quick style. But when I try to apply it to other text, Word stupidly and stubbornly retains ALL the old page size and paragraph settings! AARGH!)
I've just figured this one out on my own! You need to click the lower-right style area button to pop up the full style menu, then click the "options" button, then in the "Style Pane Options" window, select all three of the following: "Paragraph level formatting" / "Font formatting" / "Bullet and numbering formatting".
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Urgent Style & Ruler Questions for Word 2007

Do not use all capitals. it makes your question too difficult to read.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Amby" wrote in message

I apologize for not having the time to search to learn the answers to
these probably very common questions, but I'm in a desperate hurry to
finish this document.

HOW TO GUARANTEE YOU'LL ONLY MOVE EXISTING TABS RATHER THAN ADD NEW
ONES?[/b] (WHEN I TRY TO DO THIS EASILY WITH THE MOUSE, WORD USUALLY
[...]

[b]HOW TO DELETE ALL UNUSED USER-CREATED STYLES?