Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
bnmohan via OfficeKB.com bnmohan via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default Send to as attachment option vanished

Hello!
In my MS Word 2000, I found that in the file-send to submenu, the "send to
as attachment" option has vanished. I tried to bring it back thru Tools-
options-customize and drag the "send to attachment ' command into the menu.

The command got dragged in, but it is greyed out, and inactive. Can someone
give me a way out?

Mohan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
bnmohan via OfficeKB.com bnmohan via OfficeKB.com is offline

Yes.
And I also note that there is a "Send to MS Powerpoint" option now available
in the same menu; which I do not remember earlier; and which is not in the
options on my office machine!

Would that be a pointer? My wife was experimenting wit PP earlier.'

Mohan

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Do you have "Mail as attachment" checked on the General tab of Tools |
Options?

Hello!
In my MS Word 2000, I found that in the file-send to submenu, the "send

[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]

Mohan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Have you changed the mail program that you use?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Hello!
In my MS Word 2000, I found that in the file-send to submenu, the "send
as attachment" option has vanished. I tried to bring it back thru Tools-
options-customize and drag the "send to attachment ' command into the
menu.

The command got dragged in, but it is greyed out, and inactive. Can
someone
give me a way out?

Mohan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
bnmohan via OfficeKB.com bnmohan via OfficeKB.com is offline

No, I have not.
When I select "Mail Recipient", WinMail opens up as normal.
"Mail Recipient (as attachment)" had vanished. I dragged it in thru Customise,
but it is disabled (greyed out)

Mohan