Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
jldeci jldeci is offline

Default Stretch letter "L" without it getting broader

I'm trying to make our company Logo for our letter heads. Out compnay name is
JL Davis.

I want to Stretch the letter L to have the word Davis setting just above
lower line Without the Horizontal part growing fatter as I stretch it.

Please go here to see what I want to achieve.
http://s255.photobucket.com/albums/h...erheadLogo.jpg

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

You can't "stretch the letter" but you can alter the font in a graphics
program.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"jldeci" wrote in message
I'm trying to make our company Logo for our letter heads. Out compnay name
is
JL Davis.

I want to Stretch the letter L to have the word Davis setting just above
lower line Without the Horizontal part growing fatter as I stretch it.

Please go here to see what I want to achieve.
http://s255.photobucket.com/albums/h...erheadLogo.jpg

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mary Sauer Mary Sauer is offline

Use WordArt, create the L, copy, paste special as a .wmf. Ungroup, edit the
points.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"jldeci" wrote in message
I'm trying to make our company Logo for our letter heads. Out compnay name is
JL Davis.

I want to Stretch the letter L to have the word Davis setting just above
lower line Without the Horizontal part growing fatter as I stretch it.

Please go here to see what I want to achieve.
http://s255.photobucket.com/albums/h...erheadLogo.jpg

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Although JoAnn and Mary have offered some good ideas, I think it would be
better to either create the logo yourself or have it created by a designer
in a graphics application and save it in a standard graphics format. Failing
that, you could create the L as a drawing object in Word.

"jldeci" wrote in message
I'm trying to make our company Logo for our letter heads. Out compnay name
is
JL Davis.

I want to Stretch the letter L to have the word Davis setting just above
lower line Without the Horizontal part growing fatter as I stretch it.

Please go here to see what I want to achieve.
http://s255.photobucket.com/albums/h...erheadLogo.jpg

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Checking the logo on your link, I assume that someone has already created
that logo in High Quality TIFF or similar lossless format. I suggest you get
a copy of the logo and edit it in a graphics program to the size you want in
the document saving it as a jpeg. It will probably be quite small.

In fact, I have just copied the large sized version from your link into
IrfanView (a free graphics editor that you can download) and shrunk to to
3cm wide and saved it in High Quality jpeg and it is only 8kb and looks good
quality.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"jldeci" wrote in message
I'm trying to make our company Logo for our letter heads. Out compnay name
is
JL Davis.

I want to Stretch the letter L to have the word Davis setting just above
lower line Without the Horizontal part growing fatter as I stretch it.

Please go here to see what I want to achieve.
http://s255.photobucket.com/albums/h...erheadLogo.jpg

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

FWIW saved from the web link and inserted directly into the document and
re-sized there works quite well too.