Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Catherine[_2_] Catherine[_2_] is offline

Default Mail merge with months skipped when duplicate

Hello,
I would like o create a table in Word 2003 with dates. The first line of my
table must be used for the months, and the second line is for the days.
These dates must be incremented for every column change. The problem is
that I must only have the month displayed whenever it changes. I thought of
doing a mail merge where the dates are obtained from Excel (one column for
the days and another for the months) I am unsure as to how to indicate that
the month field must be skipped for duplicates, but that the date change
must always go to the next record.
Thanks,
Catherine

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

From your description you are trying to create a merge list.This is not
exactly straightforward

How to use mail merge to create a list sorted by category -
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=294686

If this is a one-off table why not create it in Excel and paste it into
Word?