Danno

Default Conversion

Good day. This request was originally posted in the Page
Layout newsgroup, but so far I have not received any
response.

I am using Word 2002 in Windows ME. I received
a document via email. When I opened it in Word, it
converted from an Archive format. I saved the opened
document in .doc format and did some editing to the file.
I saved the second version in .doc format with a new name.

My problem is that the file appeared to be in table
format, so I ran the conversion from table to text and all
went well. I now have a file that has no borders.

The problem now is that even though I set the Page Size to
have 1" left and right margins, the file still shows on
the screen as being 8" wide. When I print the file, the
text is wrapped to the 6.5" margins as set.

How can I get the file to show the margins as set on the
screen so that I can edit the file accordingly to get the
best look according the placement of the text within the
set margins?

Thanks, I know this is probably a simple fix, but I have
looked through the Help file and cannot find the answer.

Danno...
..

Danno

If you're in Normal view, clear the check box for "Wrap

to window" on the
View tab of Tools | Options.

Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups

to the newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Danno" wrote in message
[...]

Good day Susan. Thanks for the response, however,

the "Wrap to Windows" flag is not set in Normal mode.
Setting it and unsetting it made no change. Thanks.

File Conversion box Shamrock Microsoft Word Help 0 February 13th 05 05:25 AM
Word Conversion Feature HT New Users 0 February 7th 05 05:15 AM
File Conversion Encoding Dialog box when you open word file Econ Microsoft Word Help 3 January 31st 05 04:54 PM
wordML conversion formats mindreader Microsoft Word Help 4 January 8th 05 10:31 AM
file conversion change encoding Rich Microsoft Word Help 2 December 17th 04 04:13 PM