Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
havenlad havenlad is offline

Default Recovering lost word file

My PC started up ok but when I go into Word and try to open the last document
I was working on I get an error message saying Word experienced an error
trying to open the file. I worked a while on this and really want it back.
PLease can anybody help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The document appears to be corrupt. You may be able to open it using the
recover any text from file option. Or try and open it in WordPad (not Word
2007 document) and save it from there.

See also http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm.

havenlad wrote:
My PC started up ok but when I go into Word and try to open the last
document I was working on I get an error message saying "Word
experienced an error trying to open the file". I worked a while on
this and really want it back. PLease can anybody help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] mxk@datanumen.net is offline

On 326, 6ʱ46, havenlad
wrote:
My PC started up ok but when I go intoWordand try to open the last document
I was working on I get an error message saying "Wordexperienced an error
trying to open the file". I worked a while on this and really want it back.
PLease can anybody help.

Hi,

I think you can try a utility called Advanced Word Repair to repair
your Word document. It works rather well for my corrupt Word
documents. Its web address is http://www.datanumen.com/awr/

Alan