Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Deena Malik Deena Malik is offline

Default custom toolbars in add-ins

how do i add a custom toolbar under the "add-in" tab in microsoft word 2007?
i need to add my macros functions in this tab.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

The presence of the Add-ins tab indicates you are using an add-in designed
for previous versions of Word that contains custom toolbars/menus. Since
Word 2007 doesn't have toolbars/menus any customizations from previous
versions display on the Add-ins tab. The only way to add to it is to use a
previous version and modify thr toolbars/menus.

For Word 2007 you can add your macros to the Quick Access Toolbar. You can
also customize the Ribbon but that requires some XML knowledge. To add a
macro to the Quick Access Toolbar, right-click the QAT and then click the
"Customize.." command. From the "Choose commands from" list select "Macros.
The rest should be self-explanatory.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Melton

What is a Microsoft MVP? http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/gp/mvpfaqs

"Deena Malik" Deena wrote in message
how do i add a custom toolbar under the "add-in" tab in microsoft word
2007?
i need to add my macros functions in this tab.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey Greg Maxey is offline

Deena,

See: http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Customize_Ribbon.htm

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Greg Maxey - Word MVP

My web site http://gregmaxey.mvps.org
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Deena Malik" Deena wrote in message
how do i add a custom toolbar under the "add-in" tab in microsoft word
2007?
i need to add my macros functions in this tab.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you still have access to Word 2003 (or earlier) you can create a toolbar
to carry your macros to the add-ins tab -
http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm Otherwise you will need to
edit the ribbon - see Greg's reply for an explanation.

Deena Malik wrote:
how do i add a custom toolbar under the "add-in" tab in microsoft
word 2007? i need to add my macros functions in this tab.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
va va is offline

Deena,

On our website (without any Flash) we have created an add-in for Word, Excel
and PowerPoint that brings back the original Office 2003 menus and toolbars
into Office 2007 for less than $20.

Besides being able to customize and add unlimited toolbars and menu items,
ToolbarToggle allows the old style floating and docking anywhere. Through a
key press, you can turn the Ribbon on or off, turn the commandbars and menus
on or off as well REPLACE the Ribbon entirely. ToolbarToggle even accepts
shortcut keys (Alt+F, Alt+E, etc..).

Please try the demo let us know if you feel this helps solve your problems.

You can download ToolbarToggle from:
http://www.toolbartoggle.com