Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Rajeev Dhungel Rajeev Dhungel is offline

Default Word could not re-stablish a dde connection

Dear Friends,

I receive the error message while using Mail Merge at word document. I am
using Microsoft Office 2000 and Microsoft Windows XP professional. While
clicking the Get Data------ Open Data source, it prompts to select database
file. While I select the excel database file it gives the error message "Word
could not re-stablish a dde connection to microsoft Excel to complete the
curent task".

Please help me to rectify this problem.
Thanks in advance.
Rajeev Dhungel

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/198299 "You receive a 'Word could
not re-establish a DDE connection to Microsoft Excel' error message when
you attach a Microsoft Excel worksheet as a mail-merge data source in
Word 2000".