Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ken A. Dienne[_2_] Ken A. Dienne[_2_] is offline

Default Trouble with Footer

Hi:

When I tried to change my footer (I just double-clicked on the footer and
changed it on one of the pages in the document), it worked fine for the first
three pages, but for some reason, the old footer stayed on the last two pages
in the document. Shouldn't the footer change for all the pages in the
document after I change it for one? And if so, why isn't it doing this for me?

Thanks in advance!

Ken

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In Word 2007, the section number is not displayed on the status bar by
default. Right-click on the status bar and click Section to display it. It
will then (probably) be the first time, before Page X of Y. What number is
shown for Section on the last page?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Does your document contain more than one section? On the last page of the
document, what number follows "Sec" in the status bar?

"Ken A. Dienne" wrote in message
Hi:

When I tried to change my footer (I just double-clicked on the footer
and
changed it on one of the pages in the document), it worked fine for the
first
three pages, but for some reason, the old footer stayed on the last two
pages
in the document. Shouldn't the footer change for all the pages in the
document after I change it for one? And if so, why isn't it doing this
for
me?

Thanks in advance!

Ken

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ken A. Dienne[_2_] Ken A. Dienne[_2_] is offline

Hi:

Yes, there are two sections. How did that happen? And how can I change it
back to one?

Thanks!

Ken

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Does your document contain more than one section? On the last page of the
document, what number follows "Sec" in the status bar?

"Ken A. Dienne" wrote in message
Hi:

When I tried to change my footer (I just double-clicked on the footer
and
changed it on one of the pages in the document), it worked fine for the
first
three pages, but for some reason, the old footer stayed on the last two
pages
in the document. Shouldn't the footer change for all the pages in the
document after I change it for one? And if so, why isn't it doing this
for
me?

Thanks in advance!

Ken

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Ctrl+Home to go to the top of the document. Then either use Find to search
for ^b or set the browse object to Browse by Section. Either will take you
to the section break. If you don't need it, it can be selected and deleted.
Be aware, though, that the formatting for Section 2 will now prevail; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...thSections.htm

The usual reason for a section break is to change margins, header/footer,
number of columns, page size or orientation, etc. Before you delete the
section break, try to ascertain why it was inserted. If you have endnotes or
an index, Word may have inserted the break for you.