Dan J

Default Style

I have the Normal, APA writing style that is loading on new documents. Can
I open (default) new documents with no style or with Normal (not APA)
writing style.
Charles Kenyon

I'm not sure I understand your problem. You may need to completely reset
normal.dot. (See
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/AppErr...ocNotBlank.htm.) Or you may
simply want to change the defaults (See
http://www.addbalance.com/word/defaultfont.htm) You may also want to look at
"How to change the default settings for Word documents"
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...lTemplate.htmv
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

Dan J wrote in message ...
I have the Normal, APA writing style that is loading on new documents. Can
I open (default) new documents with no style or with Normal (not APA)
writing style.

Dan J

I opened the normal.dot file and the default style is called "Normal, APA
Writing Style. It is possible that I inadvertently changed the normal.dot
but I don't have a clue how I did it. I followed the instruction for
opening normal.dot and it opened as a new document with the APA writing
style. APA is a college style that inserts a 5 space hanging indent on all
subsequent lines after the first. I do not want any style when opening a
new document. Is the description clearer?
Charles Kenyon

Did you look at the linked pages?. They tell how to handle both kinds of
problems.

BTW APA is probably American Psychological Association which seems to be a
standard for scholarly writing.