Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kim K Kim K is offline

Default templates with macros

Is there an easy way to make changes to a form that contain macros and keep
all the macros and controls in place? I am forever adjusting my forms per
uers request, and for every change I have had to completely rebuild each form
and manually add in the macros and calendar controls etc. My forms are not
held on any one server and need to be intact and sent via email or downloaded
from our website.
--
Thanks,,
Kim
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Normally, you would just open the template and make the required changes.
How are you going about it?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Kim K" wrote in message
Is there an easy way to make changes to a form that contain macros and
keep
all the macros and controls in place? I am forever adjusting my forms per
uers request, and for every change I have had to completely rebuild each
form
and manually add in the macros and calendar controls etc. My forms are
not
held on any one server and need to be intact and sent via email or
downloaded
from our website.
--
Thanks,,
Kim

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kim K Kim K is offline

open template - make changes, save, which requires a rename, close, Open
fixed template, do Alt+11 - the script shows that all macros refer back to
old template, - so if I delete old template, macors do not work. I hope this
makes sense.
--
Thanks,,
Kim

"Kim K" wrote in message
Is there an easy way to make changes to a form that contain macros and
keep
all the macros and controls in place? I am forever adjusting my forms per
uers request, and for every change I have had to completely rebuild each
form
and manually add in the macros and calendar controls etc. My forms are
not
held on any one server and need to be intact and sent via email or
downloaded
from our website.
--
Thanks,,
Kim

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jatman jatman is offline

i used to do the same thing, someone wants this added or removed, sometimes
it was the color or whatever. the smart thing to remember is that you cannot
please everyone. make one template that works for most and a comments
section at the bottom for various misc. notes. you'll save a lot of time,
ateast i did.

regards,

jat