Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mifty Mifty is offline

Default Drop down field - how to save selection

Hi everyone,

When a completed protected form is returned how do I save the selection from
the drop down?

What I'm thinking is that it would be easy to change drop down selection
accidentally.

Cheers

--
Mifty
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 06:29:01 -0700, Mifty
wrote:

Hi everyone,

When a completed protected form is returned how do I save the selection from
the drop down?

What I'm thinking is that it would be easy to change drop down selection
accidentally.

Cheers

You could first unprotect the form, then select the dropdown (or other form
field) and press Ctrl+Shift+F9 to unlink the field. That changes the field into
plain text that will never update again; in the case of a dropdown, that text
will be the currently selected value.

You don't have to unlink fields one at a time -- after unprotecting, press
Ctrl+A to select the whole document and then Ctrl+Shift+F9 to unlink all the
fields.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman