Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rob W Rob W is offline

Default Word 2007: Text Heading and table

Greetings,

Very frustrated I have a header 1 style title and a table underneath.

There appears to be 3-4 lines of blank space, and upon inspection there is
no special characters otehr than a carriage return between the text and the
table.
However, If i drag and drop the table it then forces the header onto another
page :-(

How can I ensure the table is place underneath the text? I've looked at
table options but confused, also when I select the option for the header to
appear on every page and remove the option to break rows across pages it
doesn't seem to apply either changes ... confused.

Thanks
Rob W

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

The what you call a "header 1 style title" must be the first row of the
table for it to appear on every page as the first row of the table on that
page when you use the Show Header on Every Page (or Repeat Header Rows)
option.

If what you really mean is that you have the title for the table in a
Heading 1 Style and you want it to appear on the same page as the table,
then you need to set the Keep with Next option for that Style (and also for
any empty paragraphs that may appear between the table and the title, though
there should not be any as if you want a space, it should be defined as part
of the paragraph formatting of the Style).

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP