Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JStiehl JStiehl is offline

Default Problems with document formatting using IncludeText

I have a large document made up of smaller documents using IncludeText. The
last several lines of text in one of the documents I inserted are being put
on a second page, even though the original file is a one page document. When
I look in Page Setup, everything is the same on both the original document
and the new larger document, so I'm not sure how I can go about fixing this.
Any ideas or suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Note that when you add documents via an INCLUDETEXT the formatting of (the
styles of) the target document will be applied. Therefore, you might be
seeing differences in line spacing, or spacing before or after paragraphs.
You can use the Reveal Formatting pane to compare different paragraphs, and
then specify the desired settings.

Also, you may want to display nonprinting marks (press Ctrl+Shift+8). Delete
any excessive paragraph marks (¶) in the text.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP