Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
EricT EricT is offline

Default Forms

Hi I would like to create a Letter with options for:
Address
Who the Letter is concerning
Ref. No's
Most of this can be done with free text inserts in Forms, however this
"template" letter can get sent to serveral suppliers. I would like to select
a supplier from a drop down and have the address (the whole address) populate
the address field. I have try using a drop down menu but this is limited to
one single line. Any help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See http://www.gmayor.com/Macrobutton.htm and the method shown for inserting
data from Outlook, where you should keep your supplier contact details for
the purpose.

EricT wrote:
Hi I would like to create a Letter with options for:
Address
Who the Letter is concerning
Ref. No's
Most of this can be done with free text inserts in Forms, however this
"template" letter can get sent to serveral suppliers. I would like to
select a supplier from a drop down and have the address (the whole
address) populate the address field. I have try using a drop down
menu but this is limited to one single line. Any help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
EricT EricT is offline

Hi, I am sure this is me but I don't understand. I inserted the required text
into the doc, press alt F3 and changed the details, pressed OK. Nothing was
immediately obvious so I close the doc and reopend it. I cant see how I can
insert the address.
what am I doing wrong?
Eric

EricT wrote:
Hi I would like to create a Letter with options for:
Address
Who the Letter is concerning
Ref. No's
Most of this can be done with free text inserts in Forms, however this
"template" letter can get sent to serveral suppliers. I would like to
select a supplier from a drop down and have the address (the whole
address) populate the address field. I have try using a drop down
menu but this is limited to one single line. Any help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The page I indicated suggests two methods of inserting addresses from
Outlook. The first shows how to modify the AddressLayout autotext entry
which controls what the insert address function actually inserts. The other
employs a macro which allows you to have more control than the insert
address function provides.

From your description, it appears that you have used the former method. In
this case you insert the address at the cursor with the Insert Address
function of Word. If this is not already on your toolbar, you can add it
from tools customize commands Insert Address Book

The macro method requires that you run the macro to insert the address.