Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sudders[_8_] Sudders[_8_] is offline

Default Dissappearing text

I'm correcting a document and strange things are happening. At first I
though I was going mad. I would have things on my list of corrections
that i'd ticked off, yet I couldn't find the changes I'd made in the
document. Anyway, today the stuff I wrote this morning, which had been
there just fine, Had been loaded and saved several times, has just
dissappeared. Whole pages of text that were there before aren't
anymore.

I'm using Word 2002 on WinXP SP2

Help?

--
Sudders
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

If this happens with any document, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm.

If the problems are document-specific, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Sudders" wrote in message

More info: Okay, so i've also now started having problems with word
crashing. I'll have been working on a document happily for about an
hour, and i'll go to select some text, and word locks up. My CPU goes
to 50% (since i'm on a dual core system, this means that word is usign
100% of the processor allocated to it) and stays there for as long as
it is left and word never comes back, until it is killed.

--
Sudders

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sudders[_10_] Sudders[_10_] is offline

Okay. Word is definatly claiming to have saved things when it hasn't.
Just started running very slowly, so I saved my document. Since I
couldn't see if it had saved or not, I saved as with a new name. When I
exited word, the new document was in my recent files, but when I
selected it windows told me it didn't exist.

--
Sudders
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Have you tried the trouble-shooting steps in the linked articles?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Sudders" wrote in message ...

Okay. Word is definatly claiming to have saved things when it hasn't.
Just started running very slowly, so I saved my document. Since I
couldn't see if it had saved or not, I saved as with a new name. When I
exited word, the new document was in my recent files, but when I
selected it windows told me it didn't exist.

--
Sudders

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sudders[_11_] Sudders[_11_] is offline

hmm... it would appear you can only see half of my last reply, the rest
was:

Stephan: I followed the links you gave. The problem is with several
docs not just one. I don't have a problem starting word but i'll try
the work arounds. Unfortunatley since its an intermitant problem, its
difficult to knwo when its fixed. Further, I need some of my add-ins so
disabling them isn't much of a long term solution. Anyway, i've been
working with them perfect happily for months now.

--
Sudders
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Sudders" wrote in message ...

hmm... it would appear you can only see half of my last reply, the rest
was:

Stephan: I followed the links you gave. The problem is with several
docs not just one. I don't have a problem starting word but i'll try
the work arounds. Unfortunatley since its an intermitant problem, its
difficult to knwo when its fixed. Further, I need some of my add-ins so
disabling them isn't much of a long term solution. Anyway, i've been
working with them perfect happily for months now.

Indeed, what you are seeing could very well be caused by a macro (in an
add-in or in a specific template). By disabling the add-ins, and then
enabling them one by one, you should be able to figure out which one (if
any) is causing the issue.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sudders[_12_] Sudders[_12_] is offline

Okay, so I turned off all my add-ons. Rebuilt all the templates and
documents involved, and have been having far less trouble ... until
today.

I was finishing the project by building a new master document. When I
expanded the subdocuments, the version on one of the documents that
appeared was well over a year old. Opening the referenced document
seperately brings up the correct version. As far as i'm aware the
version that was brought up doesn';t exist anywhere on the system. I
could tell this was the wrong version because the title has changed
since then, but for other subs, its possible the wrong versions are
being used without me knowing.

Anyone have any idea whats going on?

--
Sudders