Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paulr Paulr is offline

Default Batch process change word template settings / disable internal mac

I have found a macro on this forum that will run through a directory of word
files, open them, them and add new settings. I wanted to make all the
documents A4, page 1 go to printer tray 2, and page 3 go to printer tray 3.
That works OK. BUT I want to change some template files which themselves have
macros in them. Once my macro opens the template file the macro within the
template runs (and crashes as I've moved it to a safe different location to
test). Is there a macro or vb setting to disable macros within a document or
template which is being worked on?

Thanks for any help

--
PER
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Steve Yandl Steve Yandl is offline

This may do what you want.

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/InterDev/D...AutoMacros.htm

"Paulr" wrote in message
I have found a macro on this forum that will run through a directory of
word
files, open them, them and add new settings. I wanted to make all the
documents A4, page 1 go to printer tray 2, and page 3 go to printer tray
3.
That works OK. BUT I want to change some template files which themselves
have
macros in them. Once my macro opens the template file the macro within the
template runs (and crashes as I've moved it to a safe different location
test). Is there a macro or vb setting to disable macros within a document
or
template which is being worked on?

Thanks for any help

--
PER

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paulr Paulr is offline

Default Batch process change word template settings / disable internal

Thanks, that worked excellently, just what I wanted.
--
PER