Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Coloradobanjo Coloradobanjo is offline

Default Set up the "enter" key so it advances one line instead two

The old Word advanced the cursor down one line when I hit "Enter." Now it
advances two. How can I reset this "improvement?"
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Coloradobanjo wrote:
The old Word advanced the cursor down one line when I hit "Enter."
Now it advances two. How can I reset this "improvement?"

The default Normal paragraph style in Word 2007 includes a Space After
setting of 10 pt (not quite two lines). This really is an improvement for
most documents, because it improves the readability of ordinary text and
reduces the temptation to hit Enter twice between paragraphs. If it doesn't
please you, you can change it in a couple of ways:

- Right-click the Normal style in the Quick Styles group of the ribbon and
choose Modify. In the dialog, select "New documents based on this template",
click the Format button and choose Paragraph, and set the Space After to 0
pt.

- Click the Change Styles button in the ribbon and choose Style Set. In the
list, choose the Word 2003 style set. Then click Change Styles again and
choose Set as Default.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman