Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Amer Amer is offline

Default How to do a character count in a marked text?

How do I do a character count in a certain text in Word?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Amer wrote:
How do I do a character count in a certain text in Word?

In Word 2003 or earlier, click Tools Word Count. The dialog contains
character count as well. If text is selected at the time, the counts refer
only to the selected text.

In Word 2007, if you don't see the word count in the status bar at the
bottom of the window, right-click the status bar and check Word Count in the
menu. When you can see it, click the word count itself to display the same
dialog as in 2003.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman