Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jocy Jocy is offline

Default Word 2007 - Form Drop Down

How can i change the properties in a drop down field? I need to make the
drop down selection as long as a paragraph.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob W Bob W is offline

That reference doc on creating autotextlists doesn't work for Office 2007.
Have we lost the ability to program autotextlists, in Word 2007? The term
'autotextlist' doesn't even produce a single hit in Word 2007's help system.

What's the recommended procedure for building autotextlist-type
functionality in Word.docs if you have migrated to Word 2007?

"Jocy" wrote in message
How can i change the properties in a drop down field? I need to make the
drop down selection as long as a paragraph.

----------------
this
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

The same general procedure does work in Word 2007. What's changed is the
method of creating AutoText entries.

After writing the replacement text (or picture or table or whatever), apply
a paragraph style to it. Select the whole replacement and press Alt+F3. In
the dialog that appears, change the Gallery dropdown from "Quick Parts" to
"AutoText". It would be a good idea to type the name of the applied style
into the Description box, since it won't be visible anywhere else. It's also
good to assign the AutoText to a particular Category within the Gallery.

The instructions for building the AutoTextList field are the same as before.

There is an alternative, but it works _only_ for people using the document
in Word 2007 or in an earlier version with the Compatibility Pack, because
the document must be in 2007 format (*.docx or *.docm). On the Developer
toolbar you'll find content controls, one of which is the Building Block
Gallery control. Click it to insert a content control; then click the
Properties button and choose the AutoText gallery and, optionally, the
category you assigned when you defined the AutoText entries. It will behave
rather like the AutoTextList field, except that clicking it will show the
preview gallery instead of just the list of names.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"Jocy" wrote in message
How can i change the properties in a drop down field? I need to
make the drop down selection as long as a paragraph.

This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to
the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion,
click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see
the button, follow this
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader
and then click "I Agree" in the message pane.