Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JB JB is offline

Default MS Proofing tool

I had the Proofing Tools loaded on my Word 2007 but where would it be located
(amidst the tabs and menus?)
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Review

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"JB" wrote in message
I had the Proofing Tools loaded on my Word 2007 but where would it be
located
(amidst the tabs and menus?)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JB JB is offline

Yes, most proofing tools are under the Review tab. However,I am specifically
looking for the tool to convert Simplified Chinese to Traditional Chinese.
In office 2003, it was under Tools - Language - Chinese translation.

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

Review

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"JB" wrote in message
I had the Proofing Tools loaded on my Word 2007 but where would it be
located
(amidst the tabs and menus?)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you'd asked that question in the first place, you'd probably
already have an answer by now.

On May 6, 12:24 pm, JB wrote:
Yes, most proofing tools are under the Review tab. However$B!$(BI am specifically
looking for the tool to convert Simplified Chinese to Traditional Chinese.
In office 2003, it was under Tools - Language - Chinese translation.

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:
Review

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"JB" wrote in message
I had the Proofing Tools loaded on my Word 2007 but where would it be
located
(amidst the tabs and menus?)-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JB JB is offline

Thanks for your remarks, grammatim, but your reply does not help me in
finding the solution. Your sarcasm is uncalled for...

On May 6, 12:24 pm, JB wrote:
Yes, most proofing tools are under the Review tab. However,I am specifically
looking for the tool to convert Simplified Chinese to Traditional Chinese.
In office 2003, it was under Tools - Language - Chinese translation.

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:
Review

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"JB" wrote in message
I had the Proofing Tools loaded on my Word 2007 but where would it be
located
(amidst the tabs and menus?)-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi J.B.,

In Word 2007, if you have languages enabled through
Office Button=Word Options=Popular=Language settings then there should be a 'translate' button on Review Tab=Proofing that
brings up the research pane to let you choose to translate selected text or a whole document. The 'translation options' link in the
Research pane should allow you to choose which language pairs will be offered in the Translation section of the Research pane.

==============
"JB" wrote in message ...
Yes, most proofing tools are under the Review tab. However,I am specifically
looking for the tool to convert Simplified Chinese to Traditional Chinese.
In office 2003, it was under Tools - Language - Chinese translation.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JB JB is offline

Thanks Bob.
However, still not quite what I'm looking for. The tool I am referring to
is a purchased, licensed tool and not a standard option in Word. The
translation tool you are referring to translates between languages. The tool
I am looking for translates between dialects. Hmm....

"JB" wrote in message ...
Yes, most proofing tools are under the Review tab. However,I am specifically
looking for the tool to convert Simplified Chinese to Traditional Chinese.
In office 2003, it was under Tools - Language - Chinese translation.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi J.B.,

The Word online service can do some translation between say Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese (as examples). The listings
I'm showing are Chinese (PRC) to Chinese (Taiwan) and vice-versa in the 'Translation Options' choices.

From your original description, and now actually, I'm not clear from the limited description, what the tool you're looking for
would be, or why you would expect it, if it is separate, to appear in the Word 2007 ribbon. If it's an Add-in that had menu
choices then it would, in Word 2007 usually appear in the Add-ins tab if it's still installed and this is an upgrade from Word 2003
to 2007 (assuming it's still compatible).

You might want, in that case take a look in the attached template list
(Alt, T, I) and in the list of Add-ins listed in Word 2007's options,
(Alt, T, O)

=================
"JB" wrote in message ...
Thanks Bob.
However, still not quite what I'm looking for. The tool I am referring to
is a purchased, licensed tool and not a standard option in Word. The
translation tool you are referring to translates between languages. The tool
I am looking for translates between dialects. Hmm....
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JB JB is offline

Hi Bob.
Sorry, I'm not tech savvy and obviously have chosen the wrong words to
describe my issue. I searched the discussion boards and found that someone
else had the same problem but no solution. Here, I've attached their
discussion. Hopefully, it can shed more light. (the web link is very useful)
Thanks!

Subject: Chinese Translation - Traditional To Simplified 3/31/2008 11:01
AM PST

By: BCWU
In: microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Using Office Professional Plus 2007 - Word 2007, am unable to see Chinese
Translation options under the Review ribbon group even though I have Chinese
Language installed and MultiLanguage Pack installed.

The translation works in Word 2003 and is located under Tools - Language
(see http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...727391033.aspx)

I found the icon in Word 2007called Translate with Options under the Office
Button -Word Options - Customize - Review - Translate with Options, and
installed on Quick Access Toolbar.

However, it doesn't work. Highlighted Chinese and tried to translate and
got this message:
Word is unable to proceed. More than one file necessary to do TC/SC is
missing.

Anyone else have this trouble and can offer fixes to this ?

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

Hi J.B.,

The Word online service can do some translation between say Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese (as examples). The listings
I'm showing are Chinese (PRC) to Chinese (Taiwan) and vice-versa in the 'Translation Options' choices.

From your original description, and now actually, I'm not clear from the limited description, what the tool you're looking for

"JB" wrote in message ...
Thanks Bob.
However, still not quite what I'm looking for. The tool I am referring to
is a purchased, licensed tool and not a standard option in Word. The
translation tool you are referring to translates between languages. The tool
I am looking for translates between dialects. Hmm....
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DT DT is offline

Hi Bob,

I have the same problem of not seeing "chinese translation" option under the
Review ribbon. I did find the translation pair using "worldLogo" service,
but it actual does translation over the web using WorldLogo service, but just
converting from Simplified to Traditional as I wanted to.

Any help is appreciated.

"JB" wrote in message ...
Yes, most proofing tools are under the Review tab. However,I am specifically
looking for the tool to convert Simplified Chinese to Traditional Chinese.
In office 2003, it was under Tools - Language - Chinese translation.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Troychen Troychen is offline

I have the same problem. MS Proofing tool 2003 worked fine with Office 2003
until the upgrade to Office 2007 and the installation process wiped out the
2003 version and left the proofing tool unusable.

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

Hi J.B.,

The Word online service can do some translation between say Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese (as examples). The listings
I'm showing are Chinese (PRC) to Chinese (Taiwan) and vice-versa in the 'Translation Options' choices.

From your original description, and now actually, I'm not clear from the limited description, what the tool you're looking for

"JB" wrote in message ...
Thanks Bob.
However, still not quite what I'm looking for. The tool I am referring to
is a purchased, licensed tool and not a standard option in Word. The
translation tool you are referring to translates between languages. The tool
I am looking for translates between dialects. Hmm....
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See how to restore the use of the 2003 proofing tools with 2007
http://www.gmayor.com/office_2003_proofing_tools.htm

"JB" wrote:

Hi Bob.
Sorry, I'm not tech savvy and obviously have chosen the wrong words
to describe my issue. I searched the discussion boards and found
that someone else had the same problem but no solution. Here, I've
attached their discussion. Hopefully, it can shed more light. (the
web link is very useful) Thanks!

Subject: Chinese Translation - Traditional To Simplified 3/31/2008
11:01

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

Hi J.B.,

The Word online service can do some translation between say
Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese (as examples). The
listings I'm showing are Chinese (PRC) to Chinese (Taiwan) and
vice-versa in the 'Translation Options' choices.

From your original description, and now actually, I'm not clear
from the limited description, what the tool you're looking for