Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jedale jedale is offline

Default Repeating data rows taking on border line of previous page

I have a table with repeating header rows that has a different border
than the actual table rows. The problem is that when the table
repeats the top row of the table, it doesn't keep the original border
styles. It actually takes on the previous rows top border style. I
was searching the internet for anybody who has solved this problem but
I've only found the following website: http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.php?t=345896
.....A question without an answer. So I am hoping that more people
have encountered this problem and maybe even a solution.

Thanks for any and all the help,
Jeff
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jedale jedale is offline

Does anyone need clarification on this issue?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I think the lack of response reflects that this is not normal behaviour and
we have been unable to duplicate the problem. Heading rows marked as such
are transferred to the new page intact c/w borders and contents.

jedale wrote:
Does anyone need clarification on this issue?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jedale jedale is offline

--

Graham Mayor - *Word MVP

My web sitewww.gmayor.com
Word MVP web sitehttp://word.mvps.org

jedale wrote:
Does anyone need clarification on this issue?- Hide quoted text -

Are you having trouble duplicating the problem? The website on
vbforums that I linked to has pictures that display exactly the
problem I am having. I can send you the word file so that you can see
the problem first hand. Would you consider taking a look at it?

Thanks for your help,
Jeff
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Jeff,

Can you post a link to the document as well as to pictures of it?

What version of Word are you using and is it the same one used to create the document?

What is the sequence of steps you're using ?

===============
"jedale" wrote in message ...
Are you having trouble duplicating the problem? The website on
vbforums that I linked to has pictures that display exactly the
problem I am having. I can send you the word file so that you can see
the problem first hand. Would you consider taking a look at it?

Thanks for your help,
Jeff
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jedale jedale is offline

On May 7, 9:44 pm, "Bob Buckland ?:-\)" 75214.226(At Beautiful
Downtown)compuserve.com wrote:
Hi Jeff,

Can you post a link to the document as well as to pictures of it?

What version of Word are you using and is it the same one used to create the document?

What is the sequence of steps you're using ?

===============
"jedale" wrote in ...
Are you having trouble duplicating the problem? The website on
vbforums that I linked to has pictures that display exactly the
problem I am having. I can send you the word file so that you can see
the problem first hand. Would you consider taking a look at it?

Thanks for your help,
Jeff
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

I am using word 2003 and the person who made the document probably did
it in word 2000.

I just opened a new word 2007 document and setup up a new table with
the same attributes as my word 2003 document and it does the same
thing.

Here is how I made the table:
- insert new table with enough rows to overflow to the next page with
no borders.
- insert text into first row and set the first row to repeat.
- on the last row of the first page, change the row borders to
something other than clear.
- watch the border carry on to the top of the next page right under
the repeated header rows.

I circumvented the issue by creating a table within the table and
applying the border styles to the nested table. This doesn't carry
the border on to the next page.

Let me know if there is anything else.

Thanks,
Jeff
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jedale jedale is offline

So........... should I just use my work around for this bug in word?
The only problem with that is that the nested table has to be a little
smaller in width to fit in the outer table. Let me know if anybody
has solved this problem before or if in fact it is a bug that has been
carried along in each successive version of word. Then I know that I
can't do anything about it.

Thanks for your time,
Jeff