Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ripnor ripnor is offline

Default how do I remove the file name after deleting the file

After deleting a file the file name still remains in the recent documents
list how do I remove the file name also
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Open some more documents and it will fall off the bottom of the list.

On May 4, 11:30*am, ripnor wrote:
After deleting a file the file name still remains in the recent documents
list *how do I remove the file name also

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you're using Word 2003 or earlier, press Ctrl+Alt+dash (top row between 0
and + sign). This turns the mouse pointer into a big dash. Click File, then
use that dash to click on the file you want to remove from the list of
recent documents.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"ripnor" wrote in message
After deleting a file the file name still remains in the recent documents
list how do I remove the file name also

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

According to the table of all keyboard shortcuts, that is "Customize
Remove Menu Shortcut." I defy anyone to explain what "customize remove
menu shortcut" means.

"ripnor" wrote in message

After deleting a file the file name still remains in the recent documents
list *how do I remove the file name also-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Its full name is ToolsCustomizeRemoveMenuShortcut. That's a throwback to the
days of WordBasic, when commands were named according to the menu/submenu on
which they lived; this one was in the Tools Customize menu and has the
function of removing a menu item. I don't know why MS chose "Shortcut" rather
than "Item", but software engineers aren't necessarily good at consistency in
user interface design :-) (cf. Alan Cooper's "The Inmates Are Running the
Asylum").

As a coda to this discussion, if you accidentally misuse the big dash (a.k.a.
the destructive cursor), read http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/LostSymbol.htm
for recovery instructions.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"ripnor" wrote in message

After deleting a file the file name still remains in the recent documents
list *how do I remove the file name also-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Well, you explained three of the four words, and found an excuse for
the fourth! Shades of SNL's old "Tech Support Guy."

Why aren't software engineers forced to interact with users?

Microsoft Word MVP * * * *FAQ:http://word.mvps.org