Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
naturedar naturedar is offline

Default can I retrieve a document I deleted from the trash bin?

I accidentally sent the wrong document to the trash bin, and I deleted it
from there. Is there any way I can retrieve it, or could it possibly be
hidden somewhere on my computer?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Not if you didn't save a copy of it elsewhere.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"naturedar" wrote in message
news
I accidentally sent the wrong document to the trash bin, and I deleted it
from there. Is there any way I can retrieve it, or could it possibly be
hidden somewhere on my computer?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you haven't done _anything else_ on your computer since then that
might involve writing to your hard drive, it's entirely possible that
file recovery software can recover it intact -- when you empty your
Trash bin you're not wiping out the file from your drive, you're just
severing the file path that makes it accessible.

You'll find them in the Utilities section of your computer store. A
program called Recover Lost Data 2005, by StompSoft, worked for me.
Presumably they now have products that work on Vista. I think it cost
$39.95 at CompUSA in 2006.