Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
K K is offline

Default Insert page of

Recently I purchased a new unit. it came with Word 2007...Wow! Just what I
wanted to do with business speeding along at 1000 mph, be forced into
learning a brand new word processing system! It has really slowed my word
processing tasks. I'm getting there but it's taking a while. Sadly I find
that I put off homework till I can get back to the office and my Word 2003.
ANYWAY, in 2003 I could simply point and click to insert "page _ of _"
virtually anywhere in the docu I wished. So far in 2007 the only thing I have
found for this is a new, scary looking window that makes you select where
you want it and provides only a few pre-selected options. Am I in the right
place? Is there an easier, less complicated way? Clearer instructions in Help
would be a major help alone. All ideas, suggestions, and comments will be
greatly appreciated. Thanks, K.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Yeah, I agree, but it isn't all that tough once you find your way around.
Many have found it to be even more efficient once you surmount the learning
curve:-) For your page numbering the most direct route I've found:

On the Insert Tab - Header & Footer Group click Page Number point to Bottom
of Page or Top of Page, scroll down to the "X of Y" options & select either
Bold Numbers 1, 2 or 3, then select & reformat as desired.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 5/7/08 11:08 AM, in article