Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Erika Erika is offline

Default Tab Order in Forms

I have created and form and protected it, when I am tabing through the fields
it is jumping to various fields instead of going in order. How do I get it
to go in order so I can press tab and go through the fields in order?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
B J[_2_] B J[_2_] is offline

There is a property called "TabIndex" associated with controls on a form.
Changing this should change the Tab order.
Note that it expects to see "0" as the first number.
Technically, it should do them in order even if the first number isn't zero,
but I ran into a bug previously (in Excel, though) which was fixed by
changing the first control's Tabindex to "0".

"Erika" wrote:

I have created and form and protected it, when I am tabing through the fields
it is jumping to various fields instead of going in order. How do I get it
to go in order so I can press tab and go through the fields in order?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Erika Erika is offline

How do I find the TabIndex and change it to "0" - I just inserted the field
by using the forms toolbar. I can get into the properties but I don't see
TabIndex.

"Erika" wrote:

I have created and form and protected it, when I am tabing through the fields
it is jumping to various fields instead of going in order. How do I get it
to go in order so I can press tab and go through the fields in order?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You need a macro; see http://word.mvps.org/faqs/tblsfldsfms/SetTabOrder.htm.

--