Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Randy Randy is offline

Default Formatting Lost/Changed When Using IncludeText Fields

When using includetext fields to pull-in information from other documents,
the formatting is lost or changed. Is there a way I can retain the original
document formatting?

Thank you!
Randy
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Format the text in the source documents with unique styles (not present in
the target document).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Randy" wrote in message
When using includetext fields to pull-in information from other documents,
the formatting is lost or changed. Is there a way I can retain the
original
document formatting?

Thank you!
Randy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Marc Trumpi Marc Trumpi is offline

I have a similar problem when 'includetext' is used in documents using the
same stylesheet/template:
Somehow the styles get mixed up, for instance a heading becomes a caption,
caption become normal text and so on.
Any ideas?

"Randy" wrote in message
When using includetext fields to pull-in information from other documents,
the formatting is lost or changed. Is there a way I can retain the
original
document formatting?

Thank you!
Randy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Marc,

I can't imagine Word's changing the style names for text linked via an INCLUDETEXT field. What can happen, if your linking to a
bookmarked range that doesn't end with a paragraph mark, is that the text from the last part-paragraph will adopt the style of the
paragraph in which the INCLUDTEXT field is located.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Randy" wrote in message
When using includetext fields to pull-in information from other documents,
the formatting is lost or changed. Is there a way I can retain the
original
document formatting?

Thank you!
Randy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Marc Trumpi Marc Trumpi is offline

No, I'm not using any bookmarks whatsoever, just entire documents. I did find
out that it has something to do with the 'preserve formatting during updates'
option. If I turn this option off in all includetext fields the problem stops
and all text turns back to normal.
Very odd....

"Randy" wrote in message
When using includetext fields to pull-in information from other documents,
the formatting is lost or changed. Is there a way I can retain the
original
document formatting?

Thank you!
Randy

IncludeText Fields and formatting problem sarah1234 Microsoft Word Help 5 December 11th 07 09:52 AM
IncludeText and TOC fields Jose Valdes[_2_] Microsoft Word Help 6 October 5th 07 03:05 PM
IncludeText fields Laura Microsoft Word Help 0 August 10th 06 04:17 PM
IncludeText Fields stacyo New Users 0 October 5th 05 09:39 PM
IncludeText fields Jeff Mailmerge 4 September 29th 05 10:52 PM