Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ub ub is offline

Default Deleting a Footnote

In my document, I have footnotes.
I am trying to delete a footnote. So I go in the doument and delete a
footnote. Footnote is deleted from the doument, but it stays in the footnote
window.
Ex : if I have deleted footnote number#11. the footnote window still shows
the footnote and now when I try to put another foot note in the same place i
deleted the footnote, the new footnote gets numbererd #11 and the old
footnote that should have been deleted gets new number12.
Can you please advise how to correct this problem.